Layered Mint Chocolate Candy Recipe
Photo source: Grandmother's Kitchen
A recipe for an easy to make Layered Mint Chocolate Candy.
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pound white candy coating (almond bark)
1 tablespoon peppermint extract
Few drops green food coloring, if desired
1. Melt semisweet chocolate with 1 cup of the sweetened condensed milk.
2. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread half the mixture into a wax paper lined 8-inch square pan.
3. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Reserve remaining chocolate mixture, but do not refrigerate yet.
4. Melt white chocolate with remaining sweetened condensed milk. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring if using. Spread over chilled chocolate layer.
5. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Spread reserved chocolate mixture on mint layer. Chill for 2 hours.
Peel off paper. Cut into squares.