Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe
Photo source: Grandmother's Kitchen
An easy pumpkin cupcake recipe that makes a great snack.
¼ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ cup plus an additional 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, to put on top of each cupcake
1 teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Line the muffin tin with paper liners.
3. In a small bowl, mix the milk with the lemon juice.Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Combine the dry ingredients; flour, chopped nuts,allspice, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium sizedbowl.
5. Add the pumpkin puree, egg, sugar, milkmixture and butter into the bowl of your stand mixer.Mix until it forms a smooth consistency.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet pumpkin mix. Mixuntil the batter is just combined.
7. Scoop the batter into cupcake tins. Sprinkle the reserved chopped nuts evenly onto the tops of the cupcakes.
8. Bake the cupcakes for 15-18 minutes until cooked.
9 A toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakesshould come out clean.
10. Put onto wire racks to cool.